||Deepika Padukone the super star actress of today was once a model. She started her career as a model from India. She was born to a famous former badminton Champion Prakash Padukone and Ujjala Padukone a travel agent on January 05, 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark, at the age of 11 months she moved to Mangalore, Karnataka when her family returned to India. She has a younger sister Anisha Padukone.|
|From infancy the little lass was naturally blessed with her father's sporty genes and could have easily made her mark in the world of sports but she decided to venture a new route which was her hobby initially and went forward as a career, 'modeling'. She started her schooling with Sophia High School, Bangalore and completed her Pre University course in Mount Carmel College, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore Karnataka.
||In childhood she joined Bharat Natyam classes and along with that she loved music, sleeping, eating and watching movies. To add to here life of entertainment at the age of just 17 years she appeared on the ramp for the first time.Her career with success subsequent behind started with this Big -Break:
- In 2003 she made her debut through The Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore.
- Appreciated by all she entered the industry of showbiz and modeled for ads of soap, limca, Close-Up toothpaste, Kingfisher, Maybelline. Where she hit the International Scene as Maybelline's international face.
- Then in the fifth annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards, for Indian models and designers, addressed as the Model of the Year.
- Next step was to be chosen as the Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar for 2006, thus cementing her reputation as a supermodel.
- Followed was Idea Zee Awards in 2006 - female Model of the year and Fresh Face of the year.
She is the lady who attained great fame and followers very soon. After the success achieved in modeling she planned to step in the acting industry.
- She initiated success in life with appearance in a pop music video, Aap Ka Suroor by Himesh Reshamia in the year 2006.
- She then made her debut in a Kannada film Aishwarya opposite Kannada Superstar Upendra, she received astonishing reviews in this film.
- She is set for this industry and debut in Farah Khan- directed Om Shanti Om, opposite Shah Rukh Khan.
- She received offers one after another for many more films from the directors like Maniratnam and Nikhil Advani and Rakesh Omprakash Mehra.
- Today she has the banners of all the big directors in her bag in comparison to her co - workers after working in with the actors like Akshay Kumar ("Chandni Chowk To China," "Housefull") and Saif Ali Khan ("Love Aaj Kal" and now "Aarakshan") on the one hand, with the hot young names like Abhishek Bachchan ("Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey"), Ranbir Kapoor ("Bachna Ae Haseeno"), Neil Nitin Mukesh ("Lafangey Parindey"), Farhan Akhtar ("Karthik Calling Karthik") and Imran Khan ("Break Ke Baad") on the other.
She always followed her dads teaching of the D's which are needed for someone to grow in any field of life and they are dedication, discipline and determination. Within a small span of 21 years she acclaimed fame and had a huge fan following. She was the heartthrob of today's youth and the most promising newcomer.
The young girl is not busy with shooting whole day but also work for social causes.
- She provided funds for children talented in sports.
- The gorgeous actress also actively supports her father's "Olympic Gold Quest", a foundation for the endorsement of sports and games in India.
||Deepika personal life has had many ups and down, but all her friends show no qualm on her being an amazing one. Though she is busy shooting still when she gets break, she makes sure to spend time with family and friends. She has no antagonism with any co workers.
- She was initial in relation with Ranbir kapoor in 2008 for an year, but are friends today and see no defense in working together if opportunities come.
- Neil Nitin Mukesh a good friend said to media when they were linked together "Deepika and I are definitely more than friends but that doesn't mean that we need to get linked up. Deepika is one of the finest co-stars I've worked with and she's someone whom I would want to work with again and again''.
- She is currently in relation with Siddhartha maliya.