The late great Elizabeth Taylor (February 27, 1932 – March 23, 2011) lacked no admirers in her lifetime. But since her death in March, the tributes and homage’s have been pouring in from the fashion world.
All the way from tributes in printed magazines like V magazines Taylor inspired Roitfield and Testino shoot, or the epic shoot with Kate Winslet channeling the violet eyed look on the latest cover, all the way to the runways with her collection of clothes and jewels which will hit the auction block for a benefit of amfAR, it’s a Taylor Moment!
Let’s take a look at all the Iconic Moments of Elizabeth Taylor –
- The violet eyes with thick set of brows, which Taylor made her own, this dramatic look was from ‘Cleopatra’ in 1963.
- Taylor earned an Academy Award Nomination for her performance in Tennesse Williams Adaption, but the highlight was the image of her in the white swimsuit in the surf. During the Spring 2012 runway shows of D&G and Prada showed updated versions of the same.
- There’s no question about it! Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and she is known for her Bling as she had a sultan worth of gems! She named her best selling fragrance “White Diamonds”.
- She was known for her fresh easy going off duty look with crisp chinos, comfortable tees and feminine prints.
- Curves! Major known fact about Elizabeth Taylor. She played to her strengths and never shied away from revealing her collarbone and décolletage. Many designers have opted to follow her style in their collections – recreating the hour glass figure.
- Sheer Icon – as on the set of Giant, 1959, this sheer blouse became a hit among all.
What a better time to pay tribute to curvy beauty, where no hourglass shape was too crazy for her!!!